Monday 14 February 2011

Children's TV & All That

I grew up in the 90s loving such shows as Ducktales, ALF, the original Power Rangers and Johnny Bravo. Alongside those new shows though I loved Cartoon Network because it showed the older Hanna Barbera and Warner Bros offerings. Top Cat, Scooby Doo, Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Richochet Rabbit, Tom & Jerry - I still love all those today.

I hate how those kind of cartoons are now relegated to a seperate channel or worse, are only on in the middle of the night. Cartoon Network really is a shadow of it's former self.

Don't get me wrong, I love new(er) shows like Phineas & Ferb, The Suite Life, Hannah Montana and Sonny With A Chance but sometimes they seem a tad clichéd and formulaic for my tastes. iCarly fascinates me also.

One thing I REALLY hate is CGI remakes of classic shows. Thomas The Tank Engine, Fireman Sam and I hear now Postman Pat (although that was ruined anyway with all this SDS nonsense) is going to be turned into a cheap CGI show. I saw an episode of the CGI Garfield the other day though and it was, quite shockingly, funny.

Two of my favourite movies as a kid were Ducktales : Treasure Of The Lost Lamp (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhTRRJdroSs) and The Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Movie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX51bfLKeb0)

No comments:

Post a Comment